I just came home from an outing with form 1 kids. They are in fact my sister's students and at first I thought it would not be fun. I had gone on a similar trip in 2006 and I learnt that kids, especially in great number, are really difficult to manage and what you thought would be a pleasant trip might well turn into your worst nightmare and leave you with a hell of a headache. My sister literally dragged me to her place of work and convinced me by saying that I would be able to make some great photos if I accompanied her. The planned itinerary was Casela bird park and then some beach in Flic en Flac.
Despite all my reluctance, I ended up having fun. This trip brought back some good memories and I realised that some of the features which were there during my secondary school outings are still present today.
For instance there were:
- The competition between buses, provoked by students, as to which one would reach the destination first.
- The booing when your bus overtakes those of your friends.
- The singing and asking the driver to make it quick: "appuyez chauffeur..." :p Today, the driver was a particularly muscled and tattooed guy, so I advised the student not to mess up too much with him. Haha
- The sharing of cakes and other foodstuff like mint sweets and chewing gums, mostly the Hollywood one.
- The intense silence due to tiredness on the way back home.
On the overall the outing went great and if I had to do it again, dudettes and dudes, I would definitely do it, which is good since I'm going back tomorrow! :D Hihi!